Little Rock Juniors offers a scholarship program to provide athletes an opportunity to learn and grow in the sport of volleyball despite financial barriers.
Who can apply? Anyone can apply that meets the criteria and is trying out for a competitive/travel club team. (Regional, Regional Plus or National)
When is the application deadline? The scholarship application form should be completed and submitted prior to your tryout date but no later than 1 week after your team commitment. We also ask that you submit a short personal statement of why you think your child should be considered for a scholarship award.
How many scholarships are available? The number of scholarships awarded is based on the amount of funds available each year and will vary from season to season. When funds are depleted then aid will not be available, so we encourage you to submit your applications early.
What Determines Need? Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need and not athletic ability. Financial need will be determined by household income, which is evaluated with the previous year’s tax return of the parent(s) with which the player resides and the current Federal Poverty Guidelines Chart (200%).
What does the scholarship cover? Scholarships are awarded to offset the amount of club fees only, and do not include any amounts for hotel or travel expenses. A limited number of scholarships are available each season and may be offered as full scholarships or partial scholarships.
Scholarship Award Info:
Applicants must attend Little Rock Juniors tryouts and be placed on a team. The applicant’s USAV membership must be current and proof of membership is required.
If an applicant meets the requirements as set forth by Little Rock Juniors Board of Directors and receives approval from the Scholarship Committee, they must fulfill all requirements set forth below to maintain the scholarship award throughout the entire season.
- Funds will not be granted upfront, they will be contributed on a monthly basis in accordance with the fee schedule. For players with partial scholarship awards, scholarship funds are awarded only after the player has met their share of fees first. Scholarships funds will be awarded as the final payments due on the fee schedule. Money is not awarded directly to the player.
- Both player and parents must abide by the Little Rock Juniors and the USAV codes of conduct. Player must attend all practices and tournaments and reflect good attitude and sportsmanship toward their coach, team members and all participants and staff of Little Rock Juniors and opposing teams.
- The scholarship recipient must fulfill all required volunteer hours for Volley in the Rock. The hours can be completed by the player and/or friends and family. The player must fulfill their team commitment by attending all practices and tournaments and also demonstrate good sportsmanship throughout the season.
- If the player/family fail to meet the obligations outlined herein, Little Rock Juniors will not be required to contribute any funds to the player’s account and the scholarship offer will be revoked leaving the player/family owing all fees due.
At the sole discretion of the Little Rock Juniors Board of Directors, the guidelines stated herein may be updated or restricted.
Directions for Application:
- Complete the application form in its entirety.
- Write a short personal statement as to why your child should be considered for a scholarship award.
- Submit a copy of your 2018 tax return (redacting all social security numbers first), along with your personal statement by either email to B.J. Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to B.J. Golden at 501-801-5633.